I’m Defeated, My Finds this Shopping season

I thought of myself as someone who’s always in control, but well, there are things, that I am just human to cave in. This holiday season, everyone feels so good, and is so in the mood to spend, whether it’s for themselves or to others. I am not an exception to that. I’m in that ‘jolly good mood’ to splurge.

So it started with my good old company which at the end of each calendar year, goes through this campaign of giving to charity. One of their activities was to sell some sample items to employees to benefit various charity organizations. For shoppers like me, this was heaven, imagine, branded items at a fraction of a cost, and at the same time 100% goes to charity. At first, I only got 3 items. The line was long and I was overwhelmed. And then when they sent an email that there were still a lot of items left, I went back. While there, they announced that everything 50% off. It was just like a perfect storm! So, I got pairs of jeans and shorts from Seven and True Religion.






Got some nice tops, jackets and blouses and even high end swimwear. I also didn’t forget my kids and bought them some tops too. And some bags and give aways, with sample cosmetics. I spent more than my usual day of shopping.










The next one was that we were due for phone upgrades. I still had the old flip phone, while my daughter lost her old one. It’s just screaming to us the words ‘UPGRADE’. Now, I am a little conservative of what’s out there, plus the new ones are not cheap. And the plans aren’t either. But after doing my research, I’d rather get a value plan and purchase separate phones than getting an overvalued family plan with free or discounted phones. So I got the value plans and purchased 3 new phones for us. Now my daughters like the almost high end phones which are really expensive.





I negotiated that this will be their Christmas gift, and they’ll also pay part of it. So we bought 2 new Samsung Galaxy Phones, and 1 cheaper Samsung Exhibit II for me. All 4g’s. When they arrived I got envious of theirs. Theirs were thinner, slicker and bigger. I was thinking of exchanging mine. I really thought I have simple tastes when it comes to phones, but I thought wrong, so let’s see, if I ended up exchanging mine.

Then I don’t know what my company instilled in me that for Black Friday I got excited when they advertised a 40% off in addition to my 30% employee discount in our Outlet stores. I wasn’t really looking for anything (and that’s where it’s mostly tempting) so I just got in and browsed around. While there, I wanted to see if there is a nice dress for me to wear for our upcoming Christmas party. I tried on several, around 5 mostly contemporary dresses and none of them was flattering for me. It was too modern for me. Just when I was about to give up, I saw this really classy navy blue dress from Alice and Olivia, and it looked like just the right size for me. So I checked the size, and was a little surprise that it was a size bigger than me, so I already thought of alterating it at home. Here's the dress. I wore it at our Christmas Party:






I didn’t even bother to look at the price, but got it and was excited to try it on. To my glee, it just fit right! Not sure if I was happy that it was a size bigger, and so I thought ‘did I actually get bigger?’. But I wasn’t convinced that I was bigger, and just believed that their sizes run small. The straps were a little long, so that’s the only thing I will adjust. But I’m happy I found it! It’s like we’re meant to be together! Hahah! When I was about to pay, I remembered, I was looking for cool sunglasses so I tried on some.



I found one burberry sunglasses and it’s just so pretty! I got it too! Since they’re high end stuffs, I ended up paying only around 30% of their original price. So I actually got myself a good deal! Yay! The dress has an additional markdown.

I thought I was done shopping for myself but then came Cyber Monday. I refused to look online, but couldn’t help it. I surfed some good deals, but didn’t found any to catch my attention until I saw jcpenney’s ad for 29$ boots. I hated my work boots, it was boxy and squarish and was eager to replace it. So I just bought 2 boots at 29 each, originally $120. I couldn’t decide which one to buy so I bought two. I’ll just try them both at home, and decide at that time, but if I love both, I won’t return any. I know! I am so bad! But what made me like the deal more, is that after 3 days, they’re now 50$. So how can I return such a good deal? Here's one of the boots





So I got excited at all the good deals I’m finding, I searched at Walmart to find some good tv’s. I was looking for any 32 inches tv for our loft. I found a Samsung that was just about the same price everywhere. Then at Best Buy there was one other that was better but was out of stock. Walmart doesn’t have it either. So I thought that if I can’t find it anywhere, that means I’m not gonna buy. I found one at Sears which was marked around 30% off. And it was readily available for pick up. And so, call me a shopaholic, but I got it. Together with a blu ray player. I felt I was the last one to get a blu ray player.




That’s finally it for me. The only things I needed to buy from now on are gifts to others.

Comments