I’m now paying to buy Time and Relax

I used to do a lot of DIYs, so as to save some money. I clean, mow, cook on my own, take the parkway instead of the tollway. It was good at first because I am able to exercise plus I save some extra dollars every month. But now that I’m trying to prioritize and do what’s more important, I realized that extra time is more important, as well as rest. DIY’s are fun if you have a lot of time, but if it’s being done at the expense of rest time, then the extra money saved is not that worth it anymore. I gladly after 8 yrs, delegated mowing to a mowing guy that I’m now paying, and we’re also buying take outs once in a while. I’ll only cook weekends, and some during weekdays, but I’m already open eating out and taking out food from restos or groceries. We stock ready to eat foods like salads, veggies, pizzas and they’re very convenient. One thing though I didn’t sacrifice is the nutrition. I make sure they’re as nutritious as the real ones that I prepare. I now also take the tollway, yes, I pay, but not after I found out that traffic gives me a lot of stress. So I just pay to ease my commute. I still clean my own house, wash my clothes, and I’m not open yet to hire a helper. My kids do help so it does makes cleaning a lot easier. But I did hire someone to clean my carpet once, and I’m gonna do it again. There comes a time when you figure out what’s important in life. Enough money is good, and once you have enough, you just have to live a little and enjoy more…(if I no longer feel guilty getting some massage or an occasional mani and pedi…)

Comments