My Scary Airplane Stories

There were some flight stories that I remember that were scary and inconvenient. A few of those I can still remember. First is on our flight to the US for work. I travelled with my 2 kids, aged 5 months and 1 year. We had a connecting flight I no longer remember. But that flight was canceled, so the agent booked us to another connecting flight. We instead got into a Cathay Pacific flight to Hongkong. The gate that were supposed to go isn’t the correct one so we had to hurry to get on the correct one, with 2 kids in tow. We got on that flight as it was already boarding. A few minutes after take off that plane took 2 huge nose dives. We safely landed in HOngKong and had a long wait time to San Francisco. Because our original flight was canceled, our whole itinerary changed so when we got to San Fran, we stayed in a hotel.

The last leg of the flight to MNL, we took ANA from Japan to MNL. Although we loved that the airplane is new and have individual video on demand, we experienced turbulence after takeoff.

Similarly, on our domestic flight from MNL to Kalibo, we had experienced moderate turbulence. A storm just ended in MNL and a lot of flights were canceled. Ours was still scheduled to leave on time. The flight was so bumpy, I got so nervous and started praying. I had thoughts that it would be my last days and would die. It didn’t help that a lot of gay pax screamed during the turbulence. Fortunately, the weather was better in Kal and landed safely. I know flying should be one of the safest transpo, but I can’t help but doubt that local pilots were not up to the standards of the international ones.

Our ANA flight from MNL to JPN, once again gave us uneasiness. Although the flight was generally smooth, it was the landing that was bad. The descent was shaky even until the landing. It was a hard land, the plane slightly bounced. And yes, a few pax screamed again.

The last one is a compliment. It was our flight from San Fran to DFW. It was closed to perfect, the only flaws were some shaky descent and a lost luggage, which I know airports were getting better at. As what I have mentioned the descent was bumpy and the pilot was trying hard to have it under his control. But he did a very good job in landing the plane as smooth as possible. It was one of the smoothest landing I have ever had. It can be compared to the landings of the jumbo 747’s. Kudos to the captain!

Comments