My Current Crazies

The Texas heat has been very unforgiving to my face. Add to that, is the fact that I’m nearing middle age. I have observed some undesirables on my face start to pop up, such as sunspots, freckles, skin tags, moles, warts, pimples, black heads, milia. All sorts of facial skin problems.

I am not so fond of spending time taking care of my face, but these problems have become bothersome and made me feel so self-conscious.

One advantage being in luxury retail, is that they have the latest skin care products available. Yes, there are some that are expensive, but there are some that are also the ones found in normal retail shops and pharmacies. With my discount, I get some good deals.

One of the promos my office offered (we have several promos going on in a yr, mostly sample handbags, cosmetics, clothes, food) is Clarisonic.




This is an electric facial brush, the same company that created the electric toothbrush. It is not cheap. After reading positive reviews, I was so curious to try it. So with the discounted offer our company was giving, I decided to invest in it. After trying it the day I got it, I loved it! I loathe washing my face with my hands everyday, but after using this I get excited. It’s like having a facial everyday. It washes, scrubs, exfoliates, even massages, it does everything and leaves your face clean and fresh. I have noticed some improvements, such as my pores got smaller, that means less blackheads, less blemishes and clearer skin.

I also invested on Led light Therapy, the Baby Quasar.



It has been proven to reduce fine lines, tone your face, lighten dark spots, and just give that youthful glow. I don’t have a lot of lines yet, so I don’t know if it works, but I did have that youthful glow after, and some tightening of my face. So it’s another good investment.

The other 2 are mostly for my kids, and they are the NO-NO Series - NO-NO skin which kills pimples and the NO-NO Hair to reduce body hair. They both worked really good. Now the problem is using it regularly. The NO-NO hair would be more effective if you use it regularly. The first time my kids used it on their arms, it took months for their hair to grow back. But then they became lazy to use it again.




The NO-NO skin worked on my pimples, and love that gadget.




Lastly, as far as prominent warts and moles, I admittedly bought several products from the web. The Blemish Free, H-Wart and Molewartvanish. Out of the the three Molewartvanish worked best.




But, it’s painful, it is an acid that you apply to each mole or wart you want removed. But the pain is temporary. You leave the cream for 20 minutes, wash it, let dry then a scab is formed. It is important to leave the scab untouched, until it’s ready to fall off. Because if you peel before it’s healed, then you get scars, which based on reviews, a lot of people were complaining about. My scabs fell off after about a week. But they were little, and I had to be disciplined not to bother them. I literally didn’t wash my face for around 3 days, but I wiped off parts of my face and continue to moisturize. I still have 2 big warts on my face that I haven’t treated yet
Because the bigger the wart, the longer the days the scabs will fall off. I didn’t have that luxury, so I’m treating it with the HWart lotion. I don’t see any effect yet, but it says it will take around 3-6 weeks before it forms a flake that you can peel off. I’m on my 2nd week, so let’s see how that goes.

Other products I have are Kiehl’s eye cream, and they are really good for my eyes, especially for tired eyes. L’oreal Vitamin E lotion, which I applied to my face after my wart treatment. The rest are store brands for facial washes, retinol (Vit C), moisturizers or SPF’s. They all work the same.

My next one to try is derma rolling…Yup, I’ll try it on my stretch marks and if it works, on my chicken pox scar on my face.

Comments