Operation De-Clutter

So we donated a bunch, and I mean probably 5 large paper bags and 2 huge boxes of clothes, books and toys to the operation kindness org. And that is to benefit our furry animal friends. Items will be sold and proceeds will go directly to saving our animals. It’s a nice org to benefit while we de-clutter our house. It’s a win-win situation.

As a semi-hoarder and admitted frugalista, it’s a little tough to let go of stuffs. I am such because I hate wasting stuffs, and don’t find anything for an object to lose value unless it’s broken or small or worn-out. I have always thought that if it still fits, it still works and if it’s not in fashion, can be worn at home or can turn to be rugs. I have never been a fan of updating my style, or redecorating. But alas, none of our clutters fit this description. Several still fits, especially with my teens, but most are already out of fashion. It was hard arguing with them, but what does it benefit them if they just take space. Yes, extra space is more valuable. And so out they go.

I have been accused of holding on to stuffs, but really I’m just being simple. However, I’d love to add to what I have and so the dilemma begins. I can’t have all those stuffs anymore coz it takes so much space. I have to let go of the old to welcome the new. I have a modest house, and I only can fit a few things. I also thought of holding a garage sale, which I was so eager before, but I don’t care about making money out of it anymore, all I wanted was to donate to a worthy cause and that those things are not put to waste, but will be benefitted by others who need them.

And so, while it’s a little sad to let go, it’s been therapeutic. I know I’m ready to embrace change and get out of my comfort zone.

Comments