Here's What's Going On

Everybody who is resourceful enough will find out what happened to me here on my blog. We filed for divorce. I will hold information on dates. It was a mutual decision, a decision that should have been made earlier in our marriage. But you cannot really know if you were just holding on to something that is like for others is considered normal or not. What we felt was that something was off and we couldn’t live together peacefully. There was tension and incompatibility. We tried several times to resolve our conflicts but didn’t work. Maybe this is going on with other marriages, but we just couldn’t take it. Call us giving up too easily, we did give up on our marriage. But we gave up after a very long time… too long. We can’t say it was easy. We just knew it was right. I admit that I am happy there is divorce here, because if two people decide to call it quits, it is easier not to drag the process and get over it soon. The failure itself is already hard, why make the process even harder? I did believe though that something was off from the start but I still went ahead and got married. I should know better, but at least only lessons were learned. I did love a person, I think too much to see if it the marriage will work despite of the differences, but I was wrong. And the moment that I thought I will be better alone than to suffer with him, that’s when I knew we made the right decision. I didn’t think that the grass is greener on the other side because that would be expecting others to bring me joy, but the fact that I am happy by myself, I feel confident in that decision. I would no longer expect anyone to define me or my life. I am working on being full by myself and if I ever find someone again, he will only enhance my otherwise happy and contented life. That means, I will no longer settle, feel compelled to need a guy thus enjoy the process of being single.

Comments