24 Hours is Not Enough in a Day

There are people who are fortunate enough to choose the lifestyle they want, while some like me don’t. For the majority of us who has little or no control on what they have to do to make life work, 24 hours is not enough in a day. Just take a look at this, we need:

8 hours – sleep
30 mns – getting ready
1 hr – commute to work
8 hrs – work
1 hr – lunch break
1 hr – commute fr work
30 mns – pick up kid fr after school activities
30 mns – change/settle down
1 hr – prepare dinner
1 hr – dinner
30 mns – clean up
1 hr – bills/mails sorting/home maint/check emails
==
24 hours

And now where will I find time to relax, watch TV, workout and do some personal pampering? All the more reason, having cable in our home is not worth it. You might ask why won’t I work near our home, well, there’s just not enough job opportunities related to my career around our area. Weekends is not something I always look forward anymore, because it’s the time we focus on our house maintenance, the cleaning, the laundry, the repairs, and the list just goes on and on. But I’m not that rigid in following the schedule, I let go sometimes and watch during weekday nights, lessening my sleep hours, and go out during weekends. I am not ocd and can deal with irregularity. It’s a sure way to preserve my sanity.

Comments