What's your Security?

These days, I wonder what would make me happy. I know family, good health, friends do. But I always constantly search. I have bouts of happiness, like when I purchase new stuffs, but as they say, it can only last as soon as you get them and then you wonder what's next. So shopping is not a reliable source of lasting happiness. Being busy is not either, rather i find it more chaotic. I struggle a little with busyness, I am not a social person, so why do I find my social calendar full? That is not what I want. But then, is that why, or I just don't have the energy and zest for life? What makes me happy? Here are a few simple things that make me genuinely happy:

1. Full 8 hr sleep. I find it hard nowadays to have enough sleep. I get a little moody when I lack sleep.
2. Working out. Although finding time is a chore. But when I start, it lifts up my mood.
3. Petting my dog. I love our dog! Cute, loyal, funny and loving. But you have to take care of it.
4. Conversations with my teens. We joke and talk openly, I still do have a heart of a young one.
5. Hanging out with friends, my friends are my therapy. We do accept each other's quirks sometimes but it comes with the package.
6. Weekend breakfast with hubby. Although, i had to wake up early to do this.
7. Eating well. Veggies and fruits.
8. Drinking my vitamins.
9. Facebooking.
10. Blogging.
11. Helping, either by volunteering or giving to charity.

And here are the things that temporarily make me happy:

1. chocolates
2. shopping
3. watching a movie
4. cleaning
5. pampering, such as a nice massage, bubble bath or facial
6. food

Comments