I'm getting Old

These past few months, I am particularly conscious of how I look. I just had my 37th birthday and I couldn't help but notice the changes that have taken place with me. I am older and hopefully wiser. I have nothing but praises and I'm proud of who I have become as a person. I have come a long way from being the shy, naive and weak person I was years then. But I know I had a lot of potentials in me. I knew I was strong, resilient, ambitious. One thing I have a hard time accepting is what is now my physical features. I am older emotionally and yes, physically than my age. If you look at me, you probably would guess an age older than what I really am. And I'm not so proud of that, not taking care of my external physical self. But, I learn to accept it, because I was a young single working mother. So I couldn't imagine how I managed to juggle all my roles. Stress contributed to me physically and I know now, there was no way I can take care of myself first when I had kids and a job to attend to. Now that my kids are teens, and I have a more stable job, it's just a joy to finally be thinking about myself now. I begin with purchasing a few nice clothes and accessories, working out and they have helped somehow to bring my energy back. What I'm having a hard time is my face. When I see my face, I see me years older than my age. I could no longer bring back what it was once. So I am now also splurging for cosmetics and anti aging products. I will post them here next time. Sometimes, I am guilty of splurging on them, but I think it's fine since I've been really good and disciplined with saving and so I can enjoy some of those fruits now. I think expenses will always be there, it's just different every phase. It's just a matter of balancing saving and spending....You save, but you just need to tell yourself what are they for?

Comments