Life of a Band and Athletics Mom

My kids are in band and athletics. I am quite satisfied that my kids know what they want and give their best for it.

Although my youngest also is in Orchestra, which she honestly admit that her heart is not really on it. We just both agree to try it at least 1 more year to see, and if it's not really growing on her, then she can focus more on Art. At least I know where their interests and passions are. She does go to Athletics playing volleyball. I can't go to all her games, but try to go on most. She does try her best to be good at it. I watch her thru pressures resulting both in victories and some defeats. I drive her to practice daily at 6:30 am.

As for my marching band daughter, she started band camp since late summer. I'm glad I didn't give too much prodding on her being ready everyday. She wakes up and get herself ready without me. Although, I always remind her to put some sunblock, wear caps/sunglasses or even long sleeves to protect her skin. She thinks I am too annoying, but I just want to protect her like any other mother would. I admire her discipline and motivation doing this everyday. I'm so happy that she enjoys what she's doing because it's not easy to be in something so rigid, stressful without having her heart on it. Kids like her would easily quit, give up and be frustrated. Honestly, I see her grow and be more matured in band. So even if I have to pick her up everyday after work from her practice, I am happy to do it, I fully support and am proud of any activities my kids do because they are working so hard for it.

Comments