Confession: I don't like pricey stuffs

All throughout my blog, I mention how frugal or snobbish I am about pricey stuffs. That doesn't mean I don't like nice stuffs, I like nice inexpensive stuffs. I don't get any highs for purchasing pricey stuffs just because they're pricey. In fact I get turned off from something that is overvalued or have ridiculous mark ups. I already purchased some overvalued stuffs, that were already on sale, and I can't help but be guilty and puke. O well, that would be my first and last. Some consumerists advocate that you buy the pricey stuffs because you deserve them, it just show the hardwork you put through, your fruits of labor. But I'd rather see my money go to travel and experiences. Those are the ones I'd like to spend on, not on material things. If I also see something nice, and I like them, I spend on them, but the thing is I make a mental check on how that item should be priced. If it goes beyond what I think it is, then either I wait for it to go on sale, choose something less expensive or completely forget about it. But I tend to stick with stuff and don't let go unless they're broke, so that's good for me and my pocket. I feel so guilty to constantly upgrade or collect. I don't need a lot of stuff. I feel I'd like to puke. I don't know if it's psycholigical, but that's really what's happening. Maybe I need a therapist or a financial planner.

Comments