I'm fine or am I?

A few people close to me understand that I have a horrible past. Because of this I have learned to be numb, that is how I deal with stress. I don't want the situation to get worse by reacting negatively.

I remember the story of a hamster that fell in a hole. I don't know the exact details but it's something like someone's trying to bury it with soil. And with the hamster's motivation to live, he did't want to get buried in the ground. So as the soil was thrown at him he gets up, brushes off the soil and stands on it. Till he reaches the ground above.

That's how I feel right now. I just paid off our van, and then I got into an accident and hit a van infront of me while driving home. I dug myself a hole. I'm fortunate to still be alive. But of course, the experience is a PITA. Since my car needed repair, we're down to a 1-car family. And then the expenses of the deductible, which is 1k. I am not a believer of misfortunes, but i think our van is one. The first time we bought it, it had transmission problems. It was still under warranty so they fixed it. Then the parking sensor was damaged when they fixed it. We didn't notice it easily. Then the CD changer is no longer working, then we got hit and run at the parking lot, and now this, the greatest damage. I am starting to believe this car is cursed. While I love it to be repaired, i no longer want any unfortunate things to happen with this van. Plus it's expensive in gas. If it gets totalled, it's money down the drain, i'm not counting how much we can get. But if it gets repaired i hope it still lasts 10 more yrs to get my money's worth.

I can feel the stress, but I'm just cool. I'm thinking that overall it's just money. And I'm glad we can pay for emergencies such as this. But still, we then have to scrimp on luxuries again. O well, I just wish this would end soon, so I can move on easily.

Comments