Hi Tech Craze

I'm not sure if i am the only one left who uses her phone for just that, for calling and occasional texting. I text bec of my kids, it's how i can reach them. I still have my old fliphone, while my kids have the 3gs. Now phones are multi-purpose, it's all the gadgets you need rolled into 1. It's for phone, text, internet, gps, camera, book reading, games, emails, networking... While it is a very useful electronic gadget, chances are your world will definitely concentrate and depend on this. And eventually we all can't live without it anymore. When a technological product comes out, I always think what the drawbacks are, firstly price, which these companies want us the consumers to 'rely' on them so much. These product prices skyrocket and the fanatics don't care, they just want to be the first ones to buy them. But interestingly enough, the connection prices have been competitive and they have bundled their offers to packages that would suit us. Next is the very obvious that we are too much accessible now. Anyone is now online, and we can be reached anywhere. We can say hi to our friends back home and catch up with family, former coworkers, classmates, colleagues. The thing is while we are online to our web friends and families, it limits our being online to the real families that are physically present in our lives. My kids have their phones all the time, and we don't know if they even listen to us while we're talking to them. So we have a phone curfew. Gadgets should be just that, things that will make our lives easier, and not masters of our life.
I am resistant to new technology if its just for the hype / fad of it. Before i take the plunge, i'll make sure i need it and it will make my life easier while still retaining my sanity. I will eventually buy one of those 4g phones in the future, I like the features and I have use for it. But i will wait till the hype is gone and when prices are down, i've been bitten by the hype bug with tv's so i'll make sure i'll shop smartly this time.

Comments