Idleness is not good

So I treasure every free time i get, i need time to relax in the midst of my hectic life. I do indulge in a few guilty pleasures like watching tv, sleeping, surfing the web. I allow myself to just do nothing and I'm fine with that. It gives me time to relax. What's not fine though is when I do it too much and I get suck into something, that eventually controls me. The internet has some good, well a lot of good stuff to offer, convenience, real time info, connection and shopping. When you're idle you have the tendency to check out some 'nice to haves'. What's tempting though is when you find something you like and your impulsive mind starts to dictate how much you need to get it. My mind is really tricky, yes, I have been very good in controlling large purchases, and so it tells me that I've been good and should deserve something nice. But then everytime I agree, there comes in my head the list of things we needed, and so my wants become guilt purchases. O well at least my mind and i can both agree I have been good and saved enough and I can afford some luxuries I once deprived myself of.

Comments