Dilemma resolved!

So my teens are growing up, and with it comes new *wants*, the need to fit in, the need to define their individuality. That surely equates to more sophisticated needs such as clothes, accessories, social meetings with friends, in other words, more money/allowance to fund this lifestyle.

They each have their regular chores in exchange for their unlimited texting. They'd have to think of more ways to get more income with their new needs/wants. So I thought, there's still a lot I need help with in the house, and if they pitch in they'll be paid accdg to which task they have done. 1 thing that need regular cleaning is the carpet, so vacuuming the whole house is one they can earn money. Another is lawn maintenance. I know this is not easy, but I found some light tools that they can use. I bought a light electric trimmer and an electric edger with wheels. So no heavy stuff...easy and they enjoy it. Our mower is big but is a power mower w/c accelerates, so no pushing needed. And of course, vacuuming the cars, they love the handheld vac.

I have often thought that I needed helpers now that I don't have too much time maintaining my home, plus i'd like to have more relaxation time during weekends after stressful working time during the week. So this work really well for us. It's a definite win-win.

Comments