I am proud...

I admit that as a mother, I will always be guilty of being proud of my kids and announcing their extra-ordinary abilities that only a mom and maybe a few friends and other family would care. This morning, I watched teen1 at her UIL concert. She has been practicing so well, I can't imagine how good she has become. But deep inside I know that being in band has given her a lot of skills as far as organizational, giving her best effort, and always aiming for the best. I truly am so thankful that my child loved it and felt good about it. She was so proud to always be in a 1-2nd chair in the Top Band. I was literally in tears as I heard their piece and I know that they put a lot of practice, time and effort and it was just magical. After the concert I gave her a thumbs up and just soak it all. She called me first thing after i got to work, and was so happy to tell me they got all 1's. I am so happy my child is a part of band, no other experience can give this to her.

Comments