How I met my Hubby

It's not so often that I feel giddy about reminiscing how i met my dear hubby. Nope, it's not our anniversary, I don't even know the exact date we met, but I know it was during a friend's birthday. 12 yrs ago, when I first step here in this city, I knew that I had to accustom myself being friendly. I didn't know anyone, except 1 family I just met. So as expected I had Filipino coworkers I bonded with. They also knew some people outside our work, and so we get together sometimes. One officemate of mine celebrated his birthday and invited me. He invited some of his friends as well. There I met this guy who is really handsome. He was an instant crush. Our common friend introduced us and we just exchanged hellos. We didn't really talked that much since I was with other friends as well. Then I noticed that he was slowly approaching me. And then we talked, can't remember what we talked about but I remember what I felt, that he's a little bit trying to impress. Our conversation didn't impact that much, infact, I thought he was a little 'yabang'. And so the party ended and I bade goodbye. As I was driving home, there was this car behind me and slowly pulled by my side and honk a little. The driver said hi, and I saw him! Hmm, so I thought to myself that maybe I caught his attention. So I smiled back at him, feeling kilig.
So the next week after we met, while I was at work, I got an email, with the subject : Dallas Police. It was from him, and he was asking how my day was, and if I saw the police the other night we were driving. Yeah right, what a way to drop a line! At the body of his email, he was asking for my contact info so he can save it on his address book. At that point, I knew that he was trying to know me more. So I gave him my contact nos. He said thank you and he'll call me sometime.
So that night, he called and we talked. Again, I felt we didn't connect that much. But I just tried to be myself. He asked me out for a date, of course I said yes.
He picked me up from my apartment and brought a camera. I wore a black v neck 3/4 sleeve shirt and jeans, and he wore a yellow polo shirt and slacks. We drove to Landry's at downtown. The food was really good. At least we have 1 thing in common, we love good food. After that we toured downtown, along west end, he even took my pic in front of the dinosaur, as a keepsake. I remember my young naive smile. After our walk, he drove me home, I was actually hoping the day won't end, coz I was having so much fun. He dropped me home and I told him, 'thanks it was fun and I really enjoyed your company' and he replied likewise. I didn't invite him at my apt, haha, too soon for that. But that night, I slept with a smile on my face.

Comments