Cooking with the Teens

Last weekend, I was so bc taking care of my taxes and cleaning out my closet, I had no time to cook. I promised myself that food takes higher priority than cleanliness and other stuffs, but then I realized my teens are old enough to help with cooking as well. So as I was finishing up vacuuming the house, I instructed teen2 to go ahead and chop the vegetables and prepare the ingredients. She was excited and went ahead chopping bittermelons and onion, crushing garlic cloves and beating the eggs. Yeah we had ampalaya with egg for lunch. I let her sautee' the garlic, onions and some ground pork, season with salt to taste, pour the eggs and lastly spread the ampalaya pieces without stirring (this is to minimize the bitterness). After a few minutes, the vegetable is done! I was spared with another chore, teen2 enjoyed and was proud of her cooking and we had lunch on time. I'd also like to mention that teen1 cooked our dinner the previous day also. I'm glad they enjoy it, I spent no extra time to ask their help.

Comments