Not cut out to be a school teacher...

For my kids religious classes, we opted the Home Centered Faith Formation this time, in other words, Religious Education at Home...yes, me as the teacher. But every 1.5 months, all families in the HCFF will meet and take turns teaching the kids. Yesterday was our turn to host, and I was assigned to teach the 5-6 graders. I chose to teach Bible Verses, and I'm not sure I made the right choice because first, the kids need to look for the verse, read them and the hardest part is to interpret them. Looking for the verse is hard enough, interpreting it? Didn't I remember that when I was their age I cringe at trying to interpret them as well? So I ended up interpreting most of the verses, and find myself repeating the same samples. What a bummer, add to that, the time limit I have to 'make up' stories. Okay, poor planning also got me.

Comments