Finally Signed up for a 10k Run

With the cold weather nearing its end, and the nice warm spring weather peaking in, I have finally convinced myself to sign up for the 10k Run. It was I think almost 2 years in the making. I have started walk/run 2 yrs ago recognizing my need to stay fit, now that my metabolism has slowed. In the past, I was too confident that I can run a 5k without training, but I really haven’t run it without stopping. My ultimate goal for this 10k training is to run at least 85% of the duration. I’m not going to push for time, because I’d like it to be leisurely and only what my body can take.

I have found a training plan that I can follow:
http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/10Kbeginner.htm

I will religiously follow this starting the fourth week of March, since I have more than 8 weeks left. For now, I’ll do the best that I can and get myself prepared. One thing I had to have to avoid boredom is to stock up my mp3 player with upbeat hits. I have learned this during my last runs, my body could still continue but I got bored, so I need some music! Hopefully once I start this formal training, I can run for at least 2 miles non stop.

Comments