No Cable, No Landline

I don't have cable nor a landline, and I can't remember how long now. Probably 5 yrs. But recently I just read on some news that there are more people doing this now. What they're discovering, I found out it yrs ago. As soon as I've learned that you can have internet access without a landline, and the fact that each of us have our own cellphones, we cut our landline immediately. No more telemarketers who disturb our precious time. The cable one is a little tricky, considering I have teens. My reasoning is, that TV takes a lot of your time, it hooks you like an addiction. The things that you need to do and accomplish are set aside once you're hooked. And so when I saw the heavy school and activity sched of my kids, I just have to let cable go. Plus, we can watch them at our time anytime in the internet now. And borrow dvd's when we want to relax. So out they go. And no, we don't miss them. It's actually hard to remember now when we had them.

Comments