Lovely wedding and Schlitterbahn


Last weekend, we went to Houston to have a mini vacation. We came to visit friends, family, attend a wedding and have fun at the best waterpark in the world. The wedding is what prompted us to plan that mini vacation. Lucky for me I have family to stay with. We left on a Friday afternoon and got there dinnertime. We were excited seeing the little kiddos again. That age where they're still cute and adorable. We dined at Kona Grill and the food was lovely. There were some sushi and seafood. The area where the resto was located was upscale, a lot of locals where enjoying the good weather. We headed to paciugo, and had some gelato for dessert. I love their gelatos.
We also visited my DH's friend. She just had a new baby. The last time we saw them was 7 yrs ago, so they were quite surprised how my kids have grown. As how Filipinos are, they served us some food, when we told them not too...we planned to eat at a Filipino buffet after visiting them. We really enjoyed catching up with them. Their house was so neat, they also have a gigantic but quiet german shepherd at their backyard.

So we ate at the Filipino buffet next. We weren't that hungry ha!? Yeah, eating for us is part of our vacation. We ate too much and had to forego the haluhalo.

After eating, twas time for the wedding, so of course another eating galore. The wedding was at a countryside, very serene and laid back. It was set at the grooms' parent's huge backyard with a small creek, green trees and grass. Very lovely and quaint. Our friends were the parents of the bride, busy attending to wedding details. We saw a few of our friends as well. The couple seemed very happy. They're young and very inlove. I especially love their cute little boy who rode a wagon during the start of the ceremony. The Pastor was good, very meaningful in his messages to the couple. It was night and day with the vows, while the groom had a short speech, the bride had a novel. But I think they were all from their heart. The food at the reception is Filipino, very filling and a lot. There was palabok, chicken lollipops, eggrolls and embutido. There were also some barbeque for folks not willing to try our cuisine. The cake is also beautiful. What surprised me is the grooms cake. It was 'sushi' themed. The speeches came next, from the bestman, maid of honor and parents of the couple. I got teary eyed from some of their messages. There was the traditional bouquet and garter throwing, first dance, father daughter dance but the light was not that bright we couldn't see. We were also a little far from it. Finally, as the darkness spreads and the bugs come out, the night has ended... I was hoping for some dancing but the lights and the sounds were not adequate for some discoing.

The following morning we went to Schlitterbahn. I don't normally go out in 100 degree weather, but this was really fun. At first we thought the park was small looking at it from the outside. But when we came inside, the park was really big and packed, with adequate picnic tables. We arrived at noon, so the first thing we did was to eat our lunch. We had leftovers from the party and our cousin brought some chicken, drinks and fruits. I love picnics, it's very relaxing especially with family. We hit the attractions at the park, first we went to the lazy river, - the best I've tried, and my favorite. It flows to the white water rapids and the torrent waves. We rested after a round of it, and then accompanied my little nieces to the kiddo area. Then we tried some of the bigger slides. We went back to the river with the rest of the gang. My little niece was so funny and cute, she fell asleep while at the torrent waves. The waves made her think it's nappy time. I don't know but after that we were tired. I forgot that there were still other areas left to explore, but also because we had to leave before dark. So my DH and I went ahead. It was really fun and we'll go back.

Comments